It is our great pleasure to announce the Call for Sponsors for the 22nd International Society for Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR) Conference. It will be held online from November 8-12, 2021, and is jointly supported by the Georgia Institute of Technology and the University of Washington.
The annual ISMIR Conference is the world’s leading interdisciplinary forum on accessing, analyzing, and organizing music. The conference embraces the complexity and diversity of music by showcasing ideas and applications that enhance the human experience of music to foster dialogue across disciplines by bringing together researchers, developers, educators, librarians, students, and professionals.
The ISMIR 2021 organization team is invested in delivering a conference format that promotes the exchange of academic and engineering knowledge in an inclusive and welcoming environment while maintaining the productive and positive spirit that ISMIR is well known for.
ISMIR 2021 offers sponsorship opportunities for the Main Conference Event at Platinum, Gold, Silver tiers. By taking the opportunity to become a proud sponsor of the conference, you may:
- Showcase your company’s latest research and products to an international community of MIR researchers and practitioners
- Recruit top technical talent
- Follow state-of-the-art MIR research and technologies
In addition to the Main Conference Sponsorship, you may support Women in Music Information Retrieval (WiMIR) and Diversity & Inclusion initiatives.
Please find the benefits for Conference Sponsorship and WiMIR Sponsorship below.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISMIR 2021 Conference Sponsorship Packages
Updated on 31/07/2021. Please see the details below the table for a longer description.
|All benefits Included||All benefits Included||Included benefits|
|Large Logo and Company name on the conference website and proceedings||Medium Logo and Company name on the conference website and proceedings||Small Logo and Company name on the conference website and proceedings|
|Large logo displayed on the video broadcasts.||Medium logo displayed on the video broadcasts||Small logo displayed on the video broadcasts|
|5 Registrations||2 Registrations||1 Registration|
|Sponsorship Acknowledgment and Announcements on Social Media||Sponsorship Acknowledgment and Announcements on Social Media||Sponsorship Acknowledgment and partial Announcement on Social Media|
|2 promo items/Social Event Prize||1 promo item/Social Event Prize||1 promo item/Social Event Prize|
|Access to opt-in attendee “CV pool”||Access to opt-in attendee “CV pool”||Access to opt-in attendee “CV pool”|
|Submit promoted posts to the “job board”||Submit promoted posts to the “job board”||Submit posts to the “job board”|
|Silvers Select One Benefit From Below|
|“Virtual Booth” in the Clowdr Sponsors Booth section with video and text chat. The Booth will be placed at the top of the space||“Virtual Booth” in the Clowdr Sponsors Booth section with video and text chat. The Booth will be placed in the middle of the space||“Virtual Booth” in the Clowdr Sponsors Booth section with text chat only. The Booth will be placed in the bottom of the space|
|30 minute Sponsor Presentation session with the Sponsor’s name written in the Conference Program||15 minute slot in a Sponsor Presentations event in the Conference Program||10 minute slot in a Sponsor Presentations event in the Conference Program|
|2 Reserved Seats in 2 Industry Panels||1 Reserved Seat in an Industry Panel|
2021 WiMIR Sponsorship Packages
|5000 USD and above||2500-4999 USD||1000-2499 USD|
|Social media acknowledgment through WiMIR’s Twitter account||Social media acknowledgment through WiMIR’s Twitter account||Social media acknowledgment through WiMIR’s Twitter account|
|Large logo acknowledgment in dedicated WiMIR program elements†||Medium logo acknowledgment in dedicated WiMIR program elements†||Small logo acknowledgment in dedicated WiMIR program elements†|
† Dedicated WiMIR program elements may include any of the following:
- WiMIR/D&I page of the ISMIR2021 conference website
- Official WiMIR/D&I presentations during the ISMIR2021 conference
- WiMIR/D&I blog post following the conclusion of the conference.
Description of ISMIR 2021 Conference Benefits
This Section will be updated regularly, e.g., when the conference platform(s) are decided, or the conference program is announced.
Updates on 31/07/2021
- We are happy to announce that the ISMIR 2021 conference will be hosted on the Clowdr platform!
- The Virtual Booth and Communication Channel benefits are updated to reflect the overlapping features in Clowdr.
- Industry Meetup has been renamed to Sponsor Presentations for clarity. The Sponsor Presentation durations corresponding to each tier are specified.
- Social Event prizes are added as an alternative/addition to promo items, and are available to Sponsors of all tiers.
Logo on the Conference Website
Sponsor names and logos will be displayed on the ISMIR 2021 Website in the order of Platinum, Gold, and Silver Tier. The logos will be clickable, and they will redirect to an appropriate URL provided by the Sponsor. The size of the logos for each Tier are:
- Platinum Sponsor: Large-sized
- Gold Sponsors: Medium-sized
- Silver Sponsors: Small-sized
Logo on the Conference Proceedings
Sponsor names and logos will be printed at the conference proceedings in the order of Platinum, Gold, and Silver Tier. The size of the logos for each Tier are:
- Platinum Sponsor: Large-sized
- Gold Sponsors: Medium-sized
- Silver Sponsors: Small-sized
See past proceedings for a visual reference.
Logo on Broadcasts
Sponsor names and logos will be broadcast through the video platform of choice during breaks between sessions. Logos will be sized according to Tier, similar to above.
Platform-based Benefits: Virtual Booth and Communication Channel.
During the conference, the Sponsor will be provided a medium to promote work conducted in the company, advertise job openings and internship opportunities, and have conversations with conference attendees.
This shall be implemented through Clowdr’s Sponsor Booths, which has led us to make some changes to the initial call for sponsors.
In the updated call for Sponsors, we have merged the Virtual Booth and Communication Channel benefits due to the way they are tied in Clowdr. As such, Platinum, Gold, and Silver (if chosen) will receive:
- Virtual Booth: An online space dedicated to the Sponsor to network with attendees, showcase work, and distribute Promo items. The booth will have the functionalities below:
- Chat: Asynchronous text communication throughout the conference duration
- Video: (Platinum and Gold sponsors only) Video chat functionality throughout the conference, where sponsors can talk with multiple conference participants at a time.
Sponsors will be ranked by tier in the exhibition section of the platform. Sponsors of the same tier will be ordered alphabetically.
Silver sponsors, which do not choose the Virtual booth benefit, will not have a chat channel in the company’s name. Instead, registered Sponsor personnel can utilize Clowdr’s direct messaging features to reach out to conference attendees.
The Sponsor will be able to register their personnel to the Main Conference Event up to the number of registrations defined for their Tier. The number of registrations for each Tier is:
- Platinum Sponsor: 5 complimentary registrations
- Gold Sponsor: 2 complimentary registrations
- Silver Sponsor: 1 complimentary registration
Acknowledgments on Social Media
Social Media thank you posts to sponsors. For example:
At the confirmation of sponsorship, with an individual post per sponsor.
During the Conference, e.g., Platinum on Day 1, Gold on Day 2, Silver on Day 3 of the Conference.
At the end of the conference, with all sponsors on the same image ordered by Tiers.
Announcements in social media, ISMIR mailing list, and (if applicable) conference platform. Possible examples:
Social media and mailing list announcements for sponsorship-related activities and job announcements. (Platinum and Gold only)
Sponsor-specific activities featured in the platform as part of “Industry Spotlight” in the daily agenda announcement. (Platinum and Gold Only)
Announcement of participation to specific Industry Event before the event (All Tiers)
Slots in the conference program are reserved for sponsor presentations, where they could showcase research and engineering work done in the company and receive questions from attendees.
- Platinum Sponsors: 30 minute presentation session each. The session will be presented with the Sponsor’s name in the conference program and schedule. The aforementioned time includes Q&A. I
- Gold Sponsors: 15-minute presentation slot each. No Q&A during the session.
- Silver Sponsors (optional): 10 minute presentation slot each. No Q&A during the session.
- The presentation session will be in either schedule A or B.
The timing and duration of sessions might be updated in the final conference program.
Sponsors must confirm their participation by no later than September 1, 2021.
Industry Panels (Platinum and Gold Sponsors)
Participation in a moderated discussion about an industry or MIR-related theme.
- Platinum Sponsors will have a seat reserved in two panels of their choice
- Gold Sponsors will have a seat reserved in a panel of their choice.
Sponsors must confirm their participation by no later than September 1, 2021. We would appreciate it if the panel participant/s can also be specified by that date.
Promo Items/Social Event Prizes
Promotional items to distribute throughout the conference.
- Platinum Sponsors can distribute two promo items.
- Gold and Silver Sponsors can distribute one promo item.
An item could be:
- Accessible to all conference participants
- Given as a prize to the winners or participants of a Social event
Product (virtual or physical) discounts or waivers, promotional credits, subscription to a service
The cost of the promo items is not discounted from the pricing of the sponsorship package. If the promo item is physical (e.g., company mug), the Sponsor is responsible for shipping.
For prizes relevant to the Conference Social Events.
- The name of the event is not tied to the prizes or sponsors.
- The Sponsor’s name will be announced in the Social in association with the prize.
Access to Opt-in Attendee CV Pool
Conference attendees who are interested in industry opportunities (full-time roles, internships, etc.) will be able to submit their CVs into a “pool,” which will be only visible to the Sponsors. The Sponsorship Chairs will moderate the pool.
The Conference will provide a Job Board, which will showcase industrial and academic opportunities. Sponsors could post relevant opportunities such as internship openings, call for collaborations, fixed-term or permanent positions.
Job posts from Platinum and Gold Sponsors will be promoted in the Job Board and as part of the Industry Spotlight (see Announcements section above).