We aim to keep ISMIR affordable and accessible in order to support Diversity & Inclusion in our community. To this end, ISMIR2021 offers registration waivers and childcare grants.
To apply for this support, please visit the registration form.
We encourage applicants to apply early to maximize their chances of receiving a grant.
- Round 1 / authors: Apply by July 26, 2021.
- Round 2: Apply by September 13, 2021. Applicants are encouraged to apply by this date in order to meet the early-bird registration deadline.
After this, grant applications will be processed on a rolling basis for as long as funding allows.
Who is eligible
For childcare grants, anyone may apply.
For registration grants, the following funding categories will be prioritized, though anyone may apply:
- Black in MIR: Applicants identifying as Black, African, or African-American.
- Low- or middle-income country: Applicants whose professional affiliation is based in a country listed here.
- “New to ISMIR” presenter: Applicants who will present in the “New to ISMIR” Late-Breaking/Demo submission track.
- Queer in MIR: Applicants identifying as LGBTQIA.
- Student: Applicants enrolled in a degree-granting program in the 2020-2021 and/or 2021-2022 academic year(s).
- Unaffiliated researcher: Applicants who currently have no professional affiliation that will cover the conference registration fee.
- Women in MIR: Applicants identifying as a woman or other gender minority.
Grants are awarded on the basis of financial need, student status and Diversity & Inclusion eligibility (see above), and availability of funds.
If you have any questions, please contact the Diversity and Inclusion Chairs (Blair Kaneshiro, Jordan B. L. Smith) via firstname.lastname@example.org.